Gender Equality Training: Gender Mainstreaming Toolkit
This resource presents a step-by-step guide to design effective gender equality training programs:
Planning phase: Preparing the ground for an effective gender equality competence development initiative (including gender equality training):
- Assess the need for gender equality training in the organization.
- Integrate gender equality training into a broader gender equality strategy.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to implement the training and plan a follow-up strategy.
- Draft terms of reference needed for developing an effective gender equality training.
- Select a trainer with competencies, skills, and knowledge relevant to the organization’s needs.
Implementation phase: Setting up a gender equality competence development activity that responds to the organization’s needs and roles:
- Engage in the gender-learning needs assessment by assessing participants’ background and current area of work, participants’ knowledge of gender issues and concepts, participants’ expectations and motivation for attending training, etc.
- Actively participate in the design of the gender equality training keeping in mind the organization’s mandate. The guide provides a list of essential items to include.
- Encourage people of all levels to participate in the training.
- Plan and implement a monitoring framework (quantitative and qualitative data).
Evaluation and follow-up phase: Securing long-term outcomes:
- Set up an evaluation framework to measure the outcomes of the training.
- Assess the long-term impacts of training at the individual and organizational levels.
- Give space and support to participants to implement new knowledge in their work.
To learn more, click here.