Gender Mainstreaming – Institutional Transformation
The guide points out that internal and external communication are both essential to embedding gender equality within an organization’s culture, establishing a corporate reputation based around equality, and creating company-wide accountability.
Key aspects of internal communication include:
- Transparency of reasons, aims, and planned activities.
- A defined concept of gender equality and a stringent strategy.
- Rely on channels of communication customarily used, but also make gender equality a regular agenda item of team meetings and employ new methods to generate extra attention.
Key aspects of external communication include:
- Review and adjust all public relations activities to ensure gender-sensitive language and images.
- Train staff responsible for public relations, marketing, advertising, and communications on all matters of diversity and inclusion.
To learn more, click here.