Getting Gender Right
Kantar’s report is designed to help marketers feel more confident making strategic branding decisions related to gender differences in response to marketing campaigns. The report is based on primary research with over 20,000 respondents in 43 countries, including Canada.
Some key recommendations include:
- Be bold by consciously considering gender issues and challenging the status quo.
- Acknowledge and embrace gender differences by recognizing outdated, over-simplistic targeting assumptions that reinforce old decision-making paradigms.
- Employ the philosophy of “designing to the edges” to create ads that speak to everyone.
- Assess media targeting and optimization by gender with an understanding that women are less receptive to online media.
- Organizations need to acknowledge that gender equality is a journey which requires comprehensive gender progressiveness programs where effectiveness can be monitored and measured.
To read more, click here.