International LGBTQ Youth and Student Organization
This toolkit was designed to provide more information on intersectionality to organizations and activists, and to explore practices that improve inclusiveness.The toolkit was developed after the International LGBTQ Youth & Student Organization held a series of roundtable and conference discussions and found that intersectionality is not a passing fad; it needs be permanently embedded in organizations.
In order to adopt an intersectional approach, this toolkit recommends the following practical actions:
- Conduct outreach and consultations with individuals, key groups, and organizations that support intersectional issues
- Review internal policies while considering their inclusiveness
- Encourage and support diverse representation in leadership positions
- Examine whose voices are heard and valued, and whose are silenced and ignored
- Review internal events to ensure accessibility
- Work with human rights organizations
- Form an advisory board to oversee issues of identity and inclusion
- Provide equal access to intersectional training exercises for all level of the workforce
To read more, click here.