Readiness Assessment – Is Your Organization Ready for a Strategic Approach to Flexibility?
Workplace Gender Equality Agency (Australia)
This toolkit provides the framework and practical guide to conducting a systematic diagnosis of “where are we now” – a key input to building your workplace flexibility strategy. Prior to developing your workplace flexibility strategy, it is recommended to undertake a readiness assessment. Specifically, this toolkit aims to:
- Provide a comprehensive framework for organizational flexibility
- Enable organizations to plot where they are on the flexibility roadmap
- Help organizations conduct a flexibility assessment
The following are the capabilities to be assessed for determining the organization’s readiness:
- Leadership: Evaluate executive leadership’s commitment to flexibility.
- Business case: Determine the strength of the business case for flexibility in the organization.
- Flexibility vision, strategy, and policy: Determine what flexibility means for the organization and how to achieve such vision.
- Management capability: How managers directly impact their employees’ working arrangements.
- Employee experience: Understand employee’s risks and needs for implementing flexible work.
- Results management: How performance and productivity are measured, and transparency.
- Technology and infrastructure: Evaluate the needs for flexible work and implemented resources.
- Client and supplier experience: Analyze how flexible work can impact their expectations.
- Learning cycle: Understand the organization’s learning needs and potential difficulties.
- Change management: Assess the existence of change management resources within the organization.
To learn more, click here.